Our StoryParent company to Prince Rupert Adventure Tours, West Coast Launch Ltd., is a family owned and operated marine transportation business servicing Northern British Columbia. Founded by local Captain Doug Davis in 1988, West Coast Launch quickly grew by offering safe passenger and freight transportation via water taxi to many of the remote areas on the North Coast. Working closely with the BC Pilotage and local marine agencies, West Coast Launch became the primary water taxi provider for all of the inbound and outbound freighters destined for the Ridley Island Coal and Prince Rupert Grain terminals.
At West Coast Launch, the safety of our passengers and crew, as well as the protection of marine environment and local wildlife is our top priority.
The goal of all of our tours is to provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience while leaving wildlife exactly as we found it. This means following responsible rules of bear view etiquette, as well as B.C.’s Whale Wise guidelines, and all local environmental standards. We go above and beyond to ensure the satisfaction of our customers by providing safety briefings, marine wildlife education, and the best wildlife viewing opportunities the Pacific Northwest has to offer.
To maintain our high level of safety standards we have the following safety standards in place:
- All vessels are fully certified by Transport Canada and are on the “Approved Vessel List” for LNG Canada – SHELL
- Marine Oil Spill Response Training with Western Canada Marine Response Corporation
- Pre-Departure Safety and Vessel Familiarization done prior to all charters and tours
- Highly skilled and trained crew with Marine Medical and Marine Emergency Duties training.
- All vessels are equipped with Transport Canada approved flotation devices and life-rafts
- All staff and vessels undergo regular safety drills
Our crew are thoroughly trained above industry standards to work in the unique environment that is the Pacific Northwest. Safe, highly skilled, and personable, as well as passionate about animal conservation, their certifications include:
- Training in animal ecology, biology and conservation
- Master 500 Ton
- Master 150 Ton
- Master 60 Ton
- Marine First Aid
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- CSTS Training
- Marine Medical
- Marine Emergency Duties
- Biology and Conservation training